We will always enjoy a simple cocktail — especially if it’s easy to make and tastes delicious.
Faith and Flower, one of our fave restaurants in Los Angeles, has created a libation that has a unique taste, yet it’s still refreshing. They’re taking shiso (a Japanese herb), tequila, cucumber slices, and lime juice to create a drink that’s perfect for those warm, summer nights.
Shiso Easy recipe courtesy of Faith and Flower
1 ounce Tapatio Blanco
1/2 ounce Contratto Bianco
3/4 ounce shiso syrup
3/4 ounce lime juice
3 cucumber slices
Pinch of salt
2 ounces soda
250 grams white sugar
1. Prepare the shiso syrup (recipe below).
2. In a shaking tin, add the shiso syrup, cucumbers, salt, and lime juice. Muddle, then add spirits and shake with one ice cube
3. Add soda to the tin and strain over fresh ice in a collins glass
4. Garnish with a shiso leaf picked through a cucumber slice
1. Weigh out 50 grams shiso leaves and place in a blender with 250 grams water
2. Blend and strain through a chinois
3. Add 250 grams white sugar and whisk until sugar has dissolved
xx, The FabFitFun Team