Hair care is important, but you already knew that. Routine conditioning treatments and proper shampoo schedules are what will keep your locks looking lush for as long as you wish.
However, the process of combing your hair is just as important as any other step in your hair care routine. Combing your locks helps to maintain strength and softness while preventing breakage and knots.
As always, the right comb matters. That’s why we’re all about this Zoë Ayla® Eco-Friendly Comb Set. This set features a wide-tooth comb and fine-tooth comb, each with soft-rounded teeth making it easier to detangle hair and resist hair breakage.
Your breakdown on wide-tooth combs
Compared to standard hairbrushes, a wide-tooth comb is better for your hair because it makes your locks less prone to breakage. Wide-tooth combs work to quickly detangle your hair without causing your hair to form extra knots or pull out unnecessary hair altogether. The last thing you want is to tear apart your gorgeous locks!
The anatomy of a wide-tooth comb is simple. The comb offers large spacing between the teeth, unlike the typical bristles you might find on a brush. The space between each tooth makes it easier to section chunks of your hair when combing, causing less friction and pulling on individual strands.
How to use a wide-tooth comb
First, you want to make sure that you comb the ends of your hair first and then work your way up, softly massaging the scalp when the rest of your hair is detangled. Also, while the verdict is still out, most hairstylists don’t recommend combing your hair when it’s wet. Rather, they suggest oiling up your locks while dry and then combing to spread the nutrients through each strand.
Easy hairstyles you can create with fine-tooth combs
Fine-tooth combs with tails are essential for creating perfect parts and assist with teasing, precision, and smooth-down flyaways. There are so many different parts you can create with the help of your fine-tooth comb. Here are some that we are loving.
- Comb your hair with the wide-tooth comb.
- Then take the tail end of the fine-tooth comb and draw a straight line down the middle of your head
- Divide the hair and style it with cream, hairspray, or texturizing spray for a tousled beach look.
- Option: Throw in some butterfly clips on each side of your middle part, tie your hair into braids or pigtails, or let it loose.
- Comb your hair with the wide-tooth comb to detangle any knots.
- Comb your hair from the front to back, and then draw a part on your preferred side.
- Divide the hair and style to your liking.
- Option: Pair it with a headband for a classic look.
- Begin by combing your hair from the roots back.
- Then use the tail end of your fine-tooth comb to create a zigzag from the front to the back.
- Once you’ve created the zigzag, define the part by smoothing down the hair on either side. Seal it with styling cream or hair spray.
- Option: Throw on some glitter on the zigzag for a cute ’90s moment.
xx, The FabFitFun Team
Psst! You can find the beauty products previously mentioned and more in the Fall Box! If you’re not a member yet, sign up today so you don’t miss out on seasonal boxes filled with the best products in beauty, fitness, and lifestyle, member-exclusive sales, and more. Use code GOODIESGALORE at checkout for $10 off your first box.
To get the most out of your box products, make sure to check out the Members Only page.