One of our favorite parts of FabFitFun is being able to connect you guys with the causes we care about most. We wouldn’t have been able to hit these milestones without our members’ support. Together with your generous donations, we’re incredibly proud to share that we’ve raised $1,066,614* raised since 2017 and partnered with 21 charities since 2015.
And starting in Spring 2021, we’re doubling down on our efforts. We’re matching up to $100,000 of our members’ donations in e-comm sales for our featured charity partner each season and featuring more charities in future sales.
Here’s a quick look at how much we raised for our previous charity partners:
- One Tree Planted: Together with our members, we donated $126,310. For every $1 donated, 1 tree was planted in one of three projects:
- California: Planting local native species like pines and oaks, Douglas fir, and sequoias for forest fire recovery.
- National Forests in the United States: Restoring and enhancing the health of forests from environmental damage.
- Pacific Northwest: Planting trees to save the orcas and support their main food source: salmon.
- No Kid Hungry: Every $1 can provide up to 10 meals for kids in need** and with our donation of $256,611, we were able to provide an estimated 25,660 meals for kids in need during the pandemic.
- Special Olympics: Our donation of $118,367 enabled Special Olympics to continue their support to their athletes, even while at home due to COVID-19. This support has included developing resources such as online fitness tutorials and at-home fitness kits, including fitness equipment and step-by-step guides. In Southern California alone they delivered more than 7,400 kits to athletes.
- Global Gift Foundation x Eva Longoria Foundation: Funds supported Eva Longoria Foundation’s STEM education programs at Girls Athletic Leadership School in Los Angeles. The three-year program, now in its second year, is implemented as 30, two-hour sessions per year offered after school for 35+ Latina middle school girls, who are currently in 7th grade. During the 2019 academic year, the young women learned introductory computer science and programming concepts including variables, operators, and functions. Students used the P5.js coding language to create a visual sound machine and used their skills to create programs using the open-source electronics platform Arduino. Funds also supported local grassroots initiatives in Los Angeles supporting women and children in low-income positions. Global Gift Foundation USA worked closely with a non-profit Family Preservation Clinical Social Worker as well as a local elementary school in the South-Central Los Angeles community.
- City of Hope: Our donation of $20,206 to City of Hope, a world-renowned independent research and treatment center, went toward the search for improved treatments for cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening diseases.
- American Heart Association: Our donation of $40,000 went towards training more than 2.4 million people in CPR and helping over 300 hospitals, clinics, healthcare centers, and systems focus on monitoring blood pressure for millions of patients.
- UNICEF: Our donation of $97,703 supported various regions in need, like providing 16,000 cartons of ready-to-use therapeutic food for 22,575 children in Niger, and providing safe water for nearly 250,000 people in Papua New Guinea after the 7.5 magnitude earthquake.
We’re excited to take this next step with you all to expand our reach on giving back.
xx, The FabFitFun Team
**$1 can provide up to 10 meals. Meal equivalency varies during COVID-19 relief. Learn more at NoKidHungry.org/OneDollar.