It’s the most wonderful time of the year. And nope, we’re not talking about Christmas or Thanksgiving. We’re talking something a little more boozy. Hint: Tequila.
In case you’re still clueless, Sunday, July 24 just so happens to be National Tequila Day. To shake things up this year, we’re bringing you our top five favorite tequila-based cocktails that don’t involve margaritas. While we still love a good spicy marg, these recipes are a great, unique way to celebrate the holiday!
Fumo Verde by Osteria Morini
1 ounce cucumber juice, pressed with the skin on
1/4 ounce thyme simple syrup
1/2 ounce ginger syrup
3/4 ounce lemon juice, pulp strained
3/4 ounce blanco tequila
3/4 Vida Mezcal
1. Combine ingredients in a tin shaker and add ice.
2. Shake and double strain over a large rock in an old-fashioned with a 1-inch dipped rim in smoked salt.
3. Garnish with a lime wheel vertically in glass and lightly sprinkle smoked salt over large ice.
The Fighter by Casamigos
1 1/2 parts Casamigos Blanco Tequila
3/4 part fresh lemon juice
1/2 part agave nectar
1/4 part raw ginger juice
1 dash of oregano oil
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Combine all ingredients (except cayenne pepper) into a shaker.
2. Shake for 8-10 seconds and strain over new ice into Collins glass.
3. Top with club soda and garnish with a pinch of cayenne.
Tequila Slushie by Juliet D’Annibale
2 ounces tequila
4 ounces bottled berry and veggie smoothie (e.g. Bolthouse Farms Berries and Green Veggies Smoothie)
2 tablespoons agave
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
2 ounces cucumber, peeled, and quartered (about a 3-inch piece)
2 basil leaves
1 1/2 cups ice cubes
Sliced cucumber for garnish (optional)
1. Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until desired consistency.
2. Pour into garnish with a slice of cucumber and fresh blueberries.
New Fashioned by Whiskey Blue
2 ounces Casamigos Anejo tequila
1 teaspoon demerara syrup
2 dashes of Angostura bitters
2 dashes of Regans’ orange bitters
1. Stir ingredients and add a 2-inch cube in a rocks glass.
2. Add lemon and orange twist crossed in glass for garnish.
Afternoon Heat by The Beach Club at Gurney’s
1/2 cup Avion Silver
1 ounce fresh watermelon juice
1/2 ounce jalapeño syrup
1/2 ounce fresh citrus
1. Shake, pour over ice and garnish with a lime.
xx, The FabFitFun Team