No fabulous breakfast spread is complete without a stack of fluffy pancakes! But really, we could eat pancakes any time of the day — especially as a late night dessert.
These pancakes, though, are healthy, hearty, and melt-in-your-mouth good. Whole wheat flour makes this recipe a healthier alternative to the all-purpose kind, and rolled oats give it that bite we’ve always wanted. For added deliciousness, we recommend caramelizing bananas to add that extra sweetness.
Whole Wheat Vanilla Pancakes
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup old fashion rolled oats
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup almond milk
1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
4 tablespoons unsalted melted butter
Grade A maple syrup
1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, oats, salt, cinnamon.
2. Mix the wet ingredients together in separate bowl: milk, yogurt, melted butter, eggs.
3. Gently mix the wet ingredients with the dry until evenly combined.
4. Pour 1/3 cup of batter for each pancaked in a greased skillet on medium heat. Once the pancake starts bubbling, flip to the other side until just golden, about 2 minutes.
5. Serve hot with syrup and toppings of choice.
xx, The FabFitFun Team