On Bastille Day, the people of Nice, France suffered another brutal terrorist attack.
Amongst the fireworks and celebrations of France’s national holiday, a 31-year-old delivery truck driver plowed through the crowded streets and killed dozens of people. The attack occurred just eight months after a previous attack in Paris. Here’s what we know so far:
1. The driver has been identified as Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel who was born and raised in Msaken, a town in northeastern Tunisia.
2. As of now, 84 people have been reported dead which include 10 children and teenagers, and 202 people have been reported injured.
3. The attack occurred on Thursday around 10:30 p.m. when a large truck drove 1.1 miles down a crowded boulevard with the intention to kill.
4. No organized group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
5. France has announced three national days of mourning starting on Saturday.
Our thoughts and prayers are with France.
xx, The FabFitFun Team