Trying to be healthy on a budget? Yea, we know that can sound like an oxymoron sometimes, but there are definitely ways to avoid spending all your money at Whole
Pay Check Foods. The best way to start your journey to healthy eating, is the simple way. Start with super easy recipes that don’t require a lot of work or ingredients, but are still satisfying and delicious!
One of our favorite gals who creates quick, easy, and healthy recipes is super fit blogger, Chelsey Rose Health. Chelsey has mastered the art of finding affordable ways to whip up yummy nutritious meals in a jiffy, and was nice enough to share one of her fave recipes with us!
Curried Cauliflower Rice is everything your body needs when feeling depleted. It’s hearty, flavorful, and best of all — takes almost no time to make! (Plus, super spice turmeric is always a fave ingredient here at FFF, so we are especially obsessing over this recipe.) The garbanzo beans give this dish that needed extra protein, making it great to eat before or after workout. It’s a versatile and healthy bowl of goodness you’ll def want to add to your weekly meal plan.
Curry Cauliflower Rice
1 head of cauliflower,grated or 1/2 bag of Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower (so much easier)
1/4 cup chickpeas
1 tablespoons curry seasoning
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 teaspoon grated ginger (buy fresh ginger and grate it)
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
Black pepper to taste
1. Put coconut oil in frying pan, and turn heat to medium high.
2. Once pan is hot, add 1/2 bag of cauliflower rice.
3. Squeeze in 2 teaspoons of lime juice, stir.
4. After 2-3 minutes, add in chick peas. Just drain them and rinse them first!
5. Add in curry seasoning, turmeric, ginger and black pepper.
6. After 2 minutes, add in chopped green onions.
7. Stir everything together, cook about three more minutes, serve, and enjoy!
xx, The FabFitFun Team