You’ve got your flights booked and enough sundresses to get you through your entire vacation. What next? It’s time to pack and prepare for your trip. To make sure you’re making the most of your travels, we’ve tapped Dr. Gabrielle Francis, New York-based naturopathic doctor and author of The Rockstar Remedy, for several helpful wanderlust hacks.
Seriously, she tours around with big names like The Rolling Stones and Mark Ronson, so she knows what’s up when it comes to strategically packing, hangover cures when on the go, and more.
- Separate supplies for home and travel to make it easy, convenient, and instantly packable.
- Keep luggage ready to go and stocked with your different regiments — in fact, when I prepare for a trip, all I do is add clothes to my suitcase.
- Pack healthy snacks to have on hand: raw, unsalted nuts with dry fruits, organic vegetable chips, yogurt, sandwich wraps, smoothies, and granola bars.
- Download online workouts or bring a tablet to keep your routine on the go.
- Always pack a traveler’s first aid kit.
- Eat the proper meal for your new time zone, even if it’s a smaller one, as well as a protein snack before bed like oatmeal, yogurt, eggs, nuts, or cheese.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water.
- Boost neurotransmitters, energy, and electrolytes with Emergen-C, omega-3 and flaxseed oils.
- Sleep on the plane if it’s the normal time for sleep, as well as 8-10 hours in your new time zone upon arrival.
- Try to exercise 15-20 minutes when you arrive, and when you return home.
- Meditate 15 minutes before bed.
- Turn off all electronics one hour before bed.
- Make sure to get 20 minutes of UV rays daily, sans sunglasses (but with SPF, of course!).
- Pass on leftover pizza and eat easy to digest foods like oatmeal and soup.
- Add in herbal remedies like dandelion tea or milk thistle to support your liver.
- Take B-complex, Emergen-C, and Vitamin C.
- Get 8-10 hours of sleep to recoup properly.
- A sauna, steam room, or exercise will also drastically help you sweat out toxins.
xx, The FabFitFun Team