It’s time to cozy up this Sunday with your favorite pajamas and a bag of buttery popcorn…because the Emmys are here again!
While we won’t be getting glam ourselves (unless you call PJs glam), we certainly love to admire our fave TV stars walk the red carpet in their fab gowns. And in honor of the Emmys, we shook up two cocktail recipes for you and your gals to sip on as you watch the stars of Game of Thrones, The People vs. OJ, and Veep win awards. Yep, we said it.
So get your shakers out and get comfy on the couch!
1 1/2 ounces Zacapa 23
3-4 blackberries, muddled
1/2 ounce lime juice
3 ounces of champagne
1. Muddle blackberries and combine all ingredients except sparkling in a shaker tin.
2. Shake and strain into a coupe or martini glass and top with Champagne or Dry Sparkling Wine.
3. Garnish with blackberries.
2 ounces of Don Julio Blanco Tequila
3/4 ounce Thai chile syrup (see syrup recipe below)
3/4 ounce of honey
1. Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin.
2. Shake and strain into an Old Fashioned glass and garnish with a Lime Peel.
Thai Chile Syrup Recipe
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
4 red Thai chiles (sliced lengthwise)
1 tablespoon cracked whole white peppercorn
1. Bring sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a 1 quart saucepan, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
2. Remove from heat and add chiles and peppercorns; cool chile syrup to room temperature and refrigerate overnight.
3. Strain chile syrup, discarding chiles, and peppercorns.
xx, The FabFitFun Team