Whether it’s your first date or your 100th date, sometimes you need a little help to change things up. We’ve never really understood the dinner and a movie date, because for the majority of it you can’t talk! We spend so much time with our heads down, on a computer or on our phones, this should be the optimum time to get to know each other on a deeper level.
Unique doesn’t have to mean expensive. Sure you can head to a 5-Star establishment and indulge in their pre-fix menu or you two can head over to a hidden gem for potentially no money.
Whatever route you take, make sure you spend time really getting to know your date. Maybe there was something there you’ve never even seen before.
1) Walk shelter pups. Yes, we LOVE puppies too. Grab your date and hop on down to your local shelter or humane society. You can check out the adorable pets up for adoption and give them some much needed time outside. You’re giving back, getting exercise, and bonding with your babe!
2) Make homemade pizzas. This is a chance to see what you and your babe’s tastes are like. Grab some pre-made dough from the store and each of you pick out your favorite pizza toppings. While you cook, open some vino and listen to your favorite playlists. Once the pizzas are ready take turn trying each others culinary creations.
3) Go for a spin. Dates don’t have to revolve around food and booze. If you and your bae like staying in shape, taking a spin class is a great way to break a sweat and have a great time. Spin classes adhere to almost all fitness levels so neither of you has to be an Olympic athlete to attend. Afterwards you can sip some green juice and talk about how good you both look and feel!
4) Go to an arcade. Arcades aren’t just for kids anymore. This is a super fun date especially if you or your significant other have a competitive side. You can take turns teaching each other how to play new games, get in a few rounds of air hockey, and maybe even let them win you a prize to take home.
5) Take a dip. Lots of hotel pools allow people to use them for a fee. Make this a weekday date so it won’t be crowded. Not that we’d tell you two to play hooky from work, but it’d be so worth it! Grab some lounge chairs and pretend you’re both on an exotic va-kay. Hotels also have amazing bars and restaurants to pop into once your done. Bonus: You get to see your date with their shirt off. We’ll take it!
6) Hit a high note. Lots of karaoke establishments have private rooms that you can rent. This is an amazing way to have fun singing and being silly without waiting for that one guy at the bar to stop shouting, Since You’ve Been Gone into the mic. You and your date can grab some food and drinks, then take turns picking out songs for each other. This is also a great date to incorporate your friends and their partners. After all, if your friends don’t like him can you really date this guy?
xx, The FabFitFun Team