After days of indulgence (think mugs of luscious eggnog and big, warm slices of pecan pie topped with vanilla bean ice cream), the time for new beginnings and new resolutions is here.
One fab way to start off the new year is to take a vegan pledge. Going vegan helps you be healthy, feel better, and lose weight. Plus, it also helps the planet and animals, too. #winwin
Plenty of our faves have denied meat and dairy, from Queen Bey to Zooey Deschanel. And people all over the world are giving vegan a try for Veganuary, a month-long vegan challenge.
So why not start your pledge now and incorporate a few vegan meals into your weekly routine? You could boost your energy, reduce any bad breath or body odor, and even live longer! And who doesn’t want that?
Here are five tips for making your vegan eating yummy and easy!
- Swap avocado for mayo and butter. Mashed avocado can be a great substitute for mayonnaise and butter. Use it in a one-to-one ratio in recipes, even desserts (although it can slightly change the color and taste). Experimenting is fun!
- Replace eggs with chia seeds, bananas, and more. You can easily swap eggs with these picks. Here’s a helpful guide to get you started!
- Make perfect tofu. Tofu is full of protein and nutrients, but it can be a pretty tricky food to tackle. When using tofu blocks in recipes, it’s best to get as much water out as possible. But how? Put the tofu on a plate with paper towels on top, then put another plate, and top this with heavy stuff like cookbooks or cast-iron pans to create your own tofu press.
- Use NOOCH for “cheesy” dishes. Nutritional yeast, aka NOOCH, is wonderful for creating cheesy dishes like mac-n-cheese or topping for salads and popcorn.
- Make vegan omelets and bacon. You can be vegan and eat bacon? Yep! Here’s a recipe from The Simple Veganista for vegan bacon made with coconut and liquid smoke. You can have an omelet for b-fast, too. Mix up an omelet made with chickpea flour.
xx, The FabFitFun Team