Maybe it was the hours of browsing holiday food porn on Pinterest that made your tummy growl. Or it could have been the carb-alicious leftovers staring at you every time you opened the fridge!
Whatever the case, when hunger calls, it calls, but instead of reaching for those Cheetos, there’s a smarter way to satiate your stomach pains. Registered dietician, nutritionist, and health coach Sarah Mirkin said to pay attention to hunger levels and start eating when you feel hungry as opposed to when you're starving. And stop when you feel satisfied, not when you’re stuffed.
So, how can you feel full without eating a supersized meal? Here are some slim snack menus under 100 calories that Sarah recommended.
When you’re in the mood for something quick:
- Vegetables with 2-3 tablespoons of hummus or black bean dip
- One hard-boiled egg
- Non-fat Greek yogurt (6 ounces)
When you’re craving something sweet:
- 1 Vans Light Waffle with 3 sliced strawberries and 2 tablespoons light whip cream
- 1 graham cracker topped with 1/4 cup cottage cheese
When you want a light meal:
- Soy burger patty or soy hot dog wrapped in lettuce
- 1/2 sandwich with 1 slice of light whole wheat bread, 1 1/2 ounces turkey, lettuce, tomato, and mustard
xx, The FabFitFun Team