Forget your morning latte, you have to celebrate National Irish Coffee Day the right way. Skip the lines at Starbucks and whip up a boozy warm beverage at home — that is, as long as you don’t have to head into work. We always love a good excuse to mix a cocktail, and sipping a warm one during the month of January entices us even more.
Get your espresso beans ready on January 25th and pull out the bottle of Irish whiskey because this recipe is one that will get you buzzing. Nutmeg Nanny has created one classic cocktail and tops it off with a thick dollop of whipped cream. Cheers!
Traditional Irish Coffee
Recipe courtesy of Nutmeg Nanny
1/2 cup cold whipping cream
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
10 ounces hot brewed coffee
3 ounces Irish whiskey
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer add cold whipping cream and beat until very soft peaks have formed. The whipped cream should be thickened but still light and spoonable. Set aside once ready.
2. Set out 2 traditional Irish coffee mugs (or 2 coffee cups) and add 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar into each cup.
3. Pour 5 ounces hot coffee into each glass and stir to help dissolve the brown sugar.
4. Pour in 1-1/2 ounce Irish whiskey into each glass.
5. Carefully spoon whipped cream onto the top of the coffee. You should have a 1-2 inch thick topping of whipped cream.
xx, The FabFitFun Team