Normally, an overflowing cup is a good thing. (Bring on round three of the margaritas!) But if you’re talking about bras, an overflowing cup can be a bust. (No pun intended.)
We consulted with Hollywood wardrobe stylist Elizabeth Meredith (recently featured on NBC’s Marketplace airing this summer!) to get her take on this girly situation. Elizabeth told us that surprisingly, many women make the mistake of not buying the right bra size, causing our clothes not to fit right, and sometimes resulting in the dreaded “back fat.” (Yikes!)
Luckily, a properly fitted bra can make your bod look bangin’! Here are Elizabeth’s tips to help you find your perfect bra size:
- The first step is to get measured for your cup and back size at a nearby lingerie store
- Make sure you can hook the last hook comfortably. This way when your bra gets stretched out you can hook the next two hooks to tighten it.
- If you are overflowing on the side or front it’s time to go up a size.
- If your front cup size is crinkling it’s time to go down a size.
- To help get rid of back fat try going down a size and bring the strap further down. The band should have some sort of elastic this way it won’t cut into the body.
- Try having several bras. This way they won’t get too stretched out and lose their support. It’s important to switch them out during the week.
xx, The FabFitFun Team