Courtesy of skinnytaste.com
1 cup unbleached white or white whole wheat flour (I did a blend of both)
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large banana, ripe, mashed well
1 cup 1% milk (or almond milk)
3 large egg whites
2 teaspoon oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine milk, egg white, oil, vanilla, and mashed bananas in another medium sized bowl and mix until smooth.
2. Combine wet ingredients with the dry and mix well with a wooden spoon until there are no more dry spots. Don’t over-mix.
3. Heat a large skillet on medium-low heat. If you are using a heart shaped pancake mold, you will want to spray it lightly with cooking spray so the batter doesn’t stick to it.
4. Lightly spray a skillet with cooking spray, place the mold on the hot skillet and pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter. Add 1 teaspoon of chocolate chips in each pancake. When the pancake starts to bubble and the edges begin to set, flip the pancakes. Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
5. Makes about 3 cups of batter which yields 12 pancakes.
Check out more romantic recipes here!