As Super Bowl Sunday approaches, we’re bracing ourselves for the mayhem of all day drinking and snacking on all-American faves. (Yep, we usually start out with tight ends and finish the day looking like we’ve got football pads on.) But this year we’re keeping our eye on our goals, and are committed to keeping our snacks healthy! Whether you’re attending a party or hosting one, you’ll definitely want to whip up these dip bowls that are healthy, and…well, super!
You’ll not only be a badass for whipping up unique variations of classic snacks, but you’ll also be making great food choices for everyone else too! We’ve created three meatless and nutritious recipes that are true game changers. We recommend using healthier chip alternatives to skimp on calories but not flavor. We like using pita chips or Gluten Free Original Beanitos.
GREEK YOGURT TZAKIKI DIP
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
1 clove of garlic, minced or finely grated
1 tablespoon fresh dill
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Chop the cucumber into a very small dice.
2. Combine all ingredients into a bowl and let marinate in fridge 40 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh dill. Serve cold.
ROASTED RED PEPPER HUMMUS
16 ounces drained chickpeas, rinsed and drained
3 garlic cloves
2/3 cup of roasted red peppers, use canned or make fresh
1/4 cup tahini
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
1. Add the chickpeas, garlic, and salt into food processor or blender, and blend until the mixture becomes creamy.
2. Add the roasted red peppers, cayenne, tahini, and lemon juice into the processor.
3. Slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil while blending.
4. Add in water if hummus becomes too thick.
5. Drizzle any left over olive oil and red peppers for garnish. Serve room temp.
AVOCADO WHITE BEAN DIP
1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 ripe avocado
1 teaspoon Greek yogurt
2 gloves of garlic
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon cilantro
1 teaspoon salt
1. Combine all ingredients into a food processor or blender, and puree until creamy.
2. Garnish with extra cilantro and extra virgin olive oil. Serve at room temp or cool temp.
xx, The FabFitFun Team