It wouldn’t be a proper Fourth of July without barbecues, fireworks, watermelon, and of course, red, white and blue cocktails!
Yup, we refuse to watch the fireworks boom without a little booze in hand. This year, we’re all about creating the most fun and Instagram-worthy drinks to serve to our guests. From Pop Rocks to fresh watermelon juice, these patriotic sips will be such a hit, even Uncle Sam would be impressed!
Blue Lemonade Cocktail with Watermelon Stars
Recipe courtesy of Celebrations
6 ounces of lemonade
2 ounces Maui Blue Hawaiian Schnapps
1 watermelon star
1. Pour six ounces of lemonade into a glass with ice.
2. Top with two ounces of Maui Blue Hawaiian Schnapps.
3. Garnish with a cut out watermelon star on a lollipop stick.
Watermelon Blueberry Mojito
Recipe Courtesy of The Clean Dish
1 cup ice
1 1/3 cup watermelon juice (see notes)
2 ounces tablespoon white rum
1 sprig mint (10-12 leaves)
1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh squeezed
1/3 cup blueberries
1. Add ice, watermelon juice, rum, half of the mint and lime juice to a cocktail shaker (or canning jar with lid) and shake well.
2. Transfer to a tall glass and top off with sparkling water.
3. Garnish with remaining mint, add blueberries and enjoy!
Toby Keith’s All-American Jar
Recipe Courtesy of Chilled Magazine
2 1/4 ounces of Wild Shot Silver Mezcal
1 ounce coconut rum
1/4 ounces triple sec
1/4 ounces pineapple juice
1 cup of piña colada mix
1 cup strawberry daiquiri mix
1 1/4 cup crushed ice
1. In blender with ice, add mezcal, rum, triple sec, pineapple juice, and piña colada mix.
2. Blend until thick.
3. Pour half of blender in separate glass, then add strawberry daiquiri mix to blender.
4. Blend until mixed and pour blended strawberry mix into mason jar. Add the separate glass of blended product to the mason jar.
5. Garnish with blue curacao, whipped cream, and a cherry.
Blueberry Mint Juleps
Recipe Courtesy of How Sweet It Is
1. Combine bourbon, mint simple syrup, and mint blueberry puree togetherand shake or stir well.
2. Pour over crushed ice and garnish with mint leaves.
Patriotic Pop Rocks Jello Shots
Recipe courtesy of She Knows
1 (3 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O
1/2 cup Smirnoff Raspberry vodka
1/2 cup cold water
1 cup boiling water
6 packages red and blue Pop Rocks
12 red, white or blue rock candy on a stick
1. In a large bowl, mix together the Jell-O, vodka, cold water and boiling water. Whisk until the powder is fully dissolved. Using a spoon, carefully pour the liquid into 12 shot glasses.
2. Put the shot glasses into the fridge, and chill them for at least 4 hours or until set.
3. Once set, fill a shallow bowl with water. Carefully sprinkle a few Pop Rocks into another shallow bowl. (You want to sprinkle just a few at a time; otherwise they’ll clump.) Working quickly, dip the tops of the shots into the water and then into the Pop Rocks.
4. Once the rims have been coated, stick a red, white or blue rock candy inside, and serve.
Red, White & Blue Sangria
Recipe Courtesy of Noble Pig
1 bottle (750 ml) Pinot Noir wine
1-1/2 cups cranberry juice
1 cup brandy
Juice from one large orange
2 cups fresh blueberries
6-8 ounces fresh red raspberries
6 ounces blackberries
1 large apple, sliced very thin
1. In a large pitcher add wine, cranberry juice, brandy, orange juice and simple syrup.
2. Add blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and apple. Chill overnight.
3. Fill six glasses 1/2 full with ice and use a slotted spoon to add fruit from the pitcher to each glass.
4. Pour liquid over ice and fruit and serve.
*For the simple syrup, add 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until sugar is dissolved. Cool completely.
Spiked Pink Lemonade
Recipe Courtesy of What’s Gaby Cooking
For Strawberry Syrup
3/4 cup strawberries
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup water
6 cups cold water
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice(from about 7 medium lemons)
1 ½ – 2 cups Skinnygirl® Bare Naked Vodka
Strawberries, for garnish
1 medium lemon, thinly sliced, for garnish
1. Place the strawberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the strawberries are just starting to fall apart, about 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Pour the strawberry mixture through a strainer and gently push on the solids to release all of the liquid; discard the solids. Let the syrup cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes more.
3. Place the strawberry syrup in a pitcher. Add the cold water and lemon juice and stir to combine. Add Skinnygirl® Bare Naked vodka and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Serve over ice and garnish with lemon slices and additional strawberries
Watermelon Granita Cocktail
Recipe courtesy of Runway Chef
6 cups of watermelon cubes
1/3 cup condensed milk
Juice of 2 limes
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 ounces of vodka
1 tablespoon simple syrup
Juice of 4 limes
2 tablespoons spearmint or mint, chopped
1. To make the granita: In a blender, puree the watermelon, condensed milk, salt, and juice of 2 limes. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a 10×7 (you can also use a bigger or smaller pan, depending on how quickly you want it to freeze) and place it in the freezer for at least 4 hours. The condensed milk will keep it from becoming too hard so there is no need to scrape it with a fork every so often. Simply scrape the granita once it is all frozen
3. To assemble the cocktail: In a cocktail shaker combine the vodka, simple syrup, lime juice, and mint. Shake to combine
4. Pour into 2 serving glasses.
5. Top with 2 scoops of watermelon granita, then finish with a splash of club soda. Drink immediately.