This incredibly simple recipe lets each ingredient shine and adds a twist to a classic veggie dish. This takes 20 minutes to prepare and serves two.
Brussels Sprouts with Duck Fat and Pine Nuts
1 lb brussels sprouts
1⁄4 cup pine nuts
1⁄4 cup duck fat
Lemon juice, to serve
1. Put all the brussels sprouts in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for a minute.
2. Remove and plunge into an ice bath. Remove and drain.
3. Toast your pine nuts in a dry pan for 23 minutes, until golden and aromatic. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Finely shred the sprouts, as you would for a slaw.
5. In a big pan, heat up your duck fat. Saute the sprouts and pine nuts for five minutes, seasoning with plenty of salt, and pepper.
6. Serve with a big squeeze of lemon juice.
xx, The FabFitFun Team