Courtesy of My Recipes
Your taste buds are sure to have a fiesta with this hearty breakfast! The black beans and cheddar make for a delicious omelet filling.
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 large egg whites
1 large egg
1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup (1 ounce) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup bottled salsa
- Combine first four ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine beans, onions, cheese, and salsa in a medium bowl.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Pour egg mixture into pan; let egg mixture set slightly.
- Tilt pan and carefully lift edges of omelet with a spatula; allow uncooked portion to flow underneath cooked portion.
- Cook 3 minutes; flip omelet.
- Spoon bean mixture onto half of omelet.
- Carefully loosen omelet with a spatula; fold in half.
- Cook 1 minute or until cheese melts. Slide omelet onto a plate; cut in half.