While the oil is taming your mane, munch on this yummy Black Sesame Ice Cream that’s inspired by one of the key ingredients in Balanced Guru’s No Frizz Oil.
2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups whole milk
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup black sesame seeds
6 egg yolks
1. Toast sesame seeds in a pan over low heat for a few minutes to bring out flavor. Grind in a coffee grinder until seeds become a powder.
2. Pour cream, milk, sugar, and black sesame powder in a saucepan over medium heat and stir frequently. Do not let the mixture boil.
3. While mixture is heating, whisk the egg yolks in a medium bowl. Once it starts to simmer, take a small cup of the batter and slowly pour it into the egg yolks, whisking constantly. Do this a few more times until the egg yolks are warmed up.
4. Pour the tempered eggs into the cream and milk batter and stir for at least 30 seconds.
5. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Cover batter directly with plastic wrap and place in fridge to ripen for at least 8 hours. When the batter is ready, pour it into an ice cream maker through a fine sieve and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Want more delish ice cream recipes to go with your summer box swag? Click here!