2020 Vision Board Contest
2020 Vision Board Contest
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN, AND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT WON YET.
These Official Rules apply to the 2020 Vision Board Contest to be held from January 1, 2020 to January 14, 2020, with the winners to be selected on or about January 15, 2020 (the “Contest”).
1. Contest Description: Contestants will have an opportunity to share an original Vision Board using images to showcase their ideal 2020. The “Vision Board” can be digital or a photo of a physical creation. Three winners will get a prize pack containing various products selected by FabFitFun. The estimated retail value of each prize package is $500 USD. By participating in the 2020 Vision Board Contest (the “Contest”), each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with an abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of FabFitFun, Inc., which shall be final and binding in all aspects.
2. Sponsor: FabFitFun, Inc., 360 N. La Cienega Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048.
3. Eligibility: Must be an existing member of FabFitFun as of January 1, 2020. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, Canada (Quebec province residents not eligible) or the UK, and who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees, representatives and agents of FabFitFun, Inc. and its affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, and other related companies (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”), and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) are not eligible to enter this Contest. Prior to receiving any prize, the winner must provide FabFitFun with any information or certifications needed by FabFitFun, in its sole judgment, for tax reporting purposes. The prize winner also must complete and sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility & Release to be eligible to receive the prize. If you fail to satisfy these conditions within forty-eight (48) hours after we send you notice that your entry has been selected, you will not be eligible for the prize and we will select an alternate winner as described in “Winner Selection and Notification” below. Contest subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state and local laws. All decisions on eligibility will be made by FabFitFun and its decisions are final and binding.
For Canadian Residents Only: Must be the age of majority in the province of residence. Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time limited mathematical skill testing question to be administered by telephone at a time mutually convenient for the entrant and FabFitFun or promotional agent of FabFitFun.
4. Contest Period: The Contest begins on January 1, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time and ends on January 14, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, post the following in the FabFitFun 2020 Vision Board Contest topic under the “Contest” section on the member community discussion forum talk.fabfitfun.com (the “Community Forum”): Post an original Vision Board using images to showcase your ideal 2020. Your Vision Board can be digital or a photo of a physical Vision Board. All entries must be posted between 2:00 p.m. PT on January 1, 2020 and 11:00 a.m. PT on January 14, 2020. Each entrant may only submit one entry. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
6. Submission Requirements: Each Submission must meet all of the following requirements or the Submission will be disqualified:
The Vision Board must be original, the sole property of submitter and not previously submitted in any other contest or sweepstakes.
The Vision Board must not violate any third-party rights, including copyright and right of publicity.
The Vision Board must not contain license plates, phone numbers, personal addresses – physical or email or otherwise.
7. Representations and Warranties/Indemnification: Each individual who enters this Contest represents and warrants as follows: (i) THAT HE/SHE HAS ALL RIGHT, TITLE AND INTEREST NECESSARY TO GRANT THE SPONSOR THE WORLDWIDE, IRREVOCABLE AND UNRESTRICTED RIGHT AND LICENSE TO ADAPT, PUBLISH, USE, EDIT, AND/OR MODIFY SUCH ENTRY IN ANY WAY AND POST THE ENTRY ON THE INTERNET OR USE THE ORIGINAL ENTRY IN ANY OTHER WAY AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD PROMOTION PARTIES HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS TO THE CONTRARY; (ii) that the Submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous and (iii) the Submission complies with the policies of FabFitFun, and these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to disqualify an applicable Submission or allow an applicable Submission to remain in the Contest. EACH ENTRANT HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE PROMOTION PARTIES HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, ACTIONS OR PROCEEDINGS OF ANY KIND AND FROM ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OR ALLEGED BREACH OF ANY OF THE WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR AGREEMENTS OF ENTRANT HEREUNDER.
8. Winner Selection and Notification: At the end of the Contest Period, a FabFitFun representative will judge all eligible Submissions for the purposes of selecting three (3) Prize Winners (each a “Winner”). Submissions will each be awarded a total score out of forty (40) points, based on the following criteria: (a) creativity (25%), (b) originality (25%), (c) complexity (25%), and (d) relevancy to the theme (25%) (the “Criteria”). The three individuals who submitted the Submissions that are awarded the highest scores based on the Criteria will be the potential winners a Prize. In the event of a tie, the Submission that scored the highest points in category (a) will be selected. If a tie still remains, the Submission that scored the highest points in category (b) will be selected, followed by category (c), then category (d) if a tie still remains. All decisions of FabFitFun are final and binding and not subject to challenge or appeal. Chances of being selected as a potential winner depend on skill in meeting the Criteria and the number of eligible entrants. Potential winners will be contacted via the email associated with their account or by direct message to their Community account. If a winner does not respond within forty-eight (48) hours, a new winner will be selected, up to a maximum of three (3) alternate eligible entrants.
9. Grant of Rights: For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and legal sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, each entrant hereby irrevocably grants Sponsor, its successors and assigns, a non-exclusive license (but not the obligation) to reproduce, exploit and otherwise use the Submission throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the Submission for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein. Sponsor shall have the right to freely assign its rights hereunder, in whole or in part, to any person or entity. Sponsor shall retain the rights granted in each Submission even if the Submission is disqualified or fails to meet the Submission Requirements.
10. Publicity Release: By participating in the Contest, in addition to any other grants which may be granted in any other agreement entered into between Sponsor and any entrant in and/or Winner of the Contest, each entrant irrevocably grants the Promotion Parties and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such entrant’s name, photograph likeness, biographical information, and any other personal characteristics, voice, performance and/or video in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the universe in perpetuity for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with www.fabfitfun.com, or the Contest or other promotions, and each entrant hereby releases the Promotion Parties from any liability with respect thereto.
11. Entry Conditions and Release: By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Promotion Parties and their respective representatives, agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of a Prize.
12. General Prize Conditions: Any difference between ARV stated herein and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. No cash substitutions for prize (or prize component) will be permitted and prize is nonrefundable, non-assignable, and nontransferable, except at sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize (or prize component) for one of equal or greater value for any reason. All potential prize winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winners. In the event a potential prize winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the prize and all components thereof will be awarded in the name of the potential winner’s parent or legal guardian. By accepting a prize, such parent/guardian further agrees to all obligations (including tax liability) and undertakings of Winner, both on behalf of himself/herself and Winner. By accepting a prize, each Winner (or parent/legal guardian if Winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence) agrees to allow use of his/her name, likeness and/or biographical information for promotional purposes without additional notice or compensation, in any and all media (including the Sponsor’s Web site), except where prohibited. All prizes are awarded as is. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties with regard to any prize.
13. Other Conditions: By participating in the Contest, each entrant (his/her parent/legal guardian if a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) agrees that Promotion Parties shall not be responsible or liable for: (i) entries which are late, forged, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, mutilated, illegible, unreadable, unintelligible, incomplete, deleted, damaged, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, and all such entries will be disqualified or void; (ii) human error; (iii) incomplete transmission defaults or faulty network connections, telephone, computer server/system/software failure of any kind; (iv) delayed, garbled or corrupted data; (v) any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in, uploading or downloading any materials for this Contest; and/or (vi) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the prize or Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate (in whole or part) this Contest and/or the prizes, if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Promotion Parties, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, or for any reason Sponsor deems it necessary. In such event, Sponsor will select the Winners by whatever means deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules. By entering this Contest, you (your parent/legal guardian if resident of a jurisdiction that deems you to be a minor) accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of (as well as the interpretation of the Official Rules by) the Sponsor/judges, which shall be final. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it (or the judges) find(s) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Web site, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or any laws, or to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, misappropriation, infringement or any other unfair or disruptive playing practices/poor sportsmanship, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, person, entity, or Sponsor representatives.
14. Dispute Resolution/Choice of Law: By participating, entrants (their parents/legal guardians if residents of a jurisdiction that deems them to be minors) agree that: (i) any claim, dispute or cause of action regarding the Contest or these Official Rules shall be brought individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION) in California State Court in Los Angeles County, California or in Federal Court in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California; (ii) the court shall apply the law of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, in adjudicating any such claim/dispute/cause of action, as well as all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, (iii) they consent to the personal and subject matter jurisdiction of such courts as the exclusive tribunal for adjudication of any such claim/dispute/cause of action; and (iv) their recovery will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs involved in participating in the Contest (if any) and they expressly waive their right to all other forms of recovery, including by way of example only, punitive, consequential, indirect, incidental, special and exemplary damages as well as attorneys’ fees for bringing such claim/dispute/cause of action or court costs associated with any such claim/dispute/cause of action. By accepting a prize, Winners (their parents/legal guardians if residents of a jurisdiction that deems them to be minors) agree that Promotion Parties are not responsible for, and shall be indemnified and held harmless by prize Winners against, any claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from the acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss, or defects of the prize(s), or his/her participation in this Contest.
15. Information collected and used in connection with the Contest will be used by Sponsor for the purposes of Contest administration and prize fulfillment, in accordance with its online privacy practices, posted at www.fabfitfun.com.
16. Official Rules/Winners List: To receive any legally-required winners list or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: FabFitFun, Inc. at 360 N La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90048. Please specify “2020 Vision Board Contest Rules” or “2020 Vision Board Contest Winners List”. Winners List available for the three (3) months after the end of the Contest Period.