by the Workout Girl
It’s time to check in on your New Year’s resolutions. Are you still super diligent and sticking to your health and fitness goals, or do you find yourself falling flat? If you’re like many of us who stay less than committed to our New Year’s resolutions after the first week in January, here are some tips to have you back on track and committed to your goals in no time!
1. Focus on efforts that bring results. Sure, your body is burning calories even when you’re sitting and resting on the couch watching a Real Housewives marathon, but you’d burn a hell of a lot more calories by getting up and moving. If you want to get fit in 2013, spend your time wisely!
2. Continually challenge yourself. Are you lifting 2-lb. weights and are able to do 100 reps without breaking a sweat? Try 5-lb. weights next time.
3. Set goals that are actually attainable. You have to crawl before you walk. If you haven’t been running consistently, you can’t expect to run 5 miles without a problem.
4. Surround yourself with cheerleaders. Create “Team You.” Find friends who have similar fitness goals and work together to achieve them. Hold one another accountable and provide positive support for one another along the way.
5. Realize how far you’ve come. You’ll never feel like you’ve accomplished enough if you focus on how far you have left to go. Instead, focus on how far you’ve come. Remember, even if you accomplish small on the way to achieving your goal, you’re still making progress!
If you’re feeling bored of your usual workout routine and need to shake it up to stay motivated, check out theworkoutgirl.com for workouts you can do anywhere.