Refresh your workout playlist
Springtime is all about change. The snow melts and the cold weather goes away. Flowers start to bloom. You may even want to go for a run outdoors…but your lackluster workout playlist is deterring your motivation. Well, in the spirit of change, here are 10 hot new jams of the moment to help you do a little spring cleaning of your playlist.
1. Feel This Moment, Pitbull feat. Christina Aguilera: My general rule of thumb is that anything by Pitbull should be on your workout playlist, if it isn’t already. You can’t help but move when you hear this beat.
2. I Love It, Icona Pop: This is the perfect song to blast when you’re angry and want to go for a run to burn off steam.
3. Don’t You Worry Child, Swedish House Mafia: This song starts out slow and builds. It pairs perfectly from warm up to workout.
4. Can’t Hold Us, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis: This beat is so fast — your legs may not be able to run fast enough!
5. Troublemaker, Olly Murs feat. Flo Rida: This song sounds like 90s boy band meets Maroon 5 meets up-in-the-club dance song. One thing is for sure, it’s ridiculously catchy.
6. Catch My Breath, Kelly Clarkson: See the irony here? You’re playing Catch My Breath while you’re working out and are out of breath. Genius.
7. Try, P!nk: Best lyric: You gotta get up and try, try, try. Queue up this song when you need a little extra motivation to get moving.
8. #thatPOWER, Will.I.Am feat. Justin Bieber: Apparently even song names have their own hashtags now. #amazeballs
9. Gone Gone Gone, Phillip Phillips: For the girl who prefers a cool Indie track over a dance floor hit any day.
10. Next To Me, Emeli Sande: If you ever find yourself daydreaming of Ryan Gosling while you’re on a run, blast the chorus of this song: I will find him, find him next to me. I wish I could be so lucky to find him next to me. Hey, a girl can dream, right?
When you’re ready to put this playlist to good use, check out workouts you can do anywhere at theworkoutgirl.com.
Posted on April 10, 2013 in Fitness