Buenos Aires, Argentina
The sensual city known for tango offers fab shopping and spirited nightlife
Known as the Paris of South America, Buenos Aires fuses Latin culture with European flair. The chic city boasts a vibrant theater district, internationally renowned opera houses, and vibrant buildings in the La Boca area.
2 Fab Things
Day of the Dead
Hanging out in a cemetery is probably not your idea of a typical “fab” day. But with all the art galleries, museums, and handmade crafts surrounding the Cemetenerio de la Recoleta, you’ll be alive with excitement as you tour the city of the dead!
El Centro Shopping
The heart of the city is all hustle and bustle with fabulous shops offering everything from designer jeans to art to lovely leather goods. Make sure to stop by the giant Galerias Pacifico mall!
2 Fit Things
Surf is up! Channel your inner beach bunny, grab a board, take a lesson on one of Buenos Aires’ beautiful beaches, and hang ten in paradise!
Embrace the Argentinean culture and take a tango lesson at Complejo Tanjo! You’ll get to experience this fabulous dance, and you never know, Dancing With the Stars may be calling you for their next season!
2 Fun Things
Buenos Aires has developed a killer party reputation in South America. If you decide to go dancing, expect to stay out until the wee hours of the morning! Most clubs have the DJs spinning uh-mazing dancing beats all night. Check out Zizek, they will let you and all your girls in for free if you email them a guest list and show up before 2 a.m.
Discover some of Argentina’s best wines with this fun-filled tour. With numerous tastings, delicious tapa pairings, and friendly bilingual sommeliers, you can make amigos while learning about the delish wines!
What to Pack:
- Two pairs of shoes: comfortable walking shoes and dancing shoes — you never know if you’ll be strolling through the cobblestone streets or out for a night of Argentine tango.
- Lightweight bag with a strap that goes across your chest — keep your belongings safe and your camera easily accessible.
- Dress to impress for the tango show and lesson; dresses with a flowy skirt work better than a pencil skirt.
How to Get Around:
- Buenos Aires is a vast city — luckily the metro system is vast and a great option for getting around town quickly.
- If you want to see the sights above ground, take a taxi.
P.S. We’re not done traveling yet! Check out the six other fab locations you can tour with Contiki in the FabFitFun Travel Guide.
Posted on April 29, 2012