Thirsty Thursday: St. Patrick’s Day Cocktails
Festive alternatives to green beer!
Green beer on St. Patrick’s Day may sound fun and all, but just wait till the end of the night when you look like a leprechaun smuggling a pot of gold under your green get-up.
Yep, just because your brewski is emerald-tinted doesn’t mean that it won’t give you a beer belly. So if you’re trying to avoid the bulge this March 17, you can still get Irish car bombed at your celebration with some green libations. (And that isn’t just a bunch o’ blarney!)
Sultry Irish Kiss
Kiss us, we’re Irish! (OK, not really. But it’s a good excuse anyway!)
1 1⁄2 parts Pucker Citrus Squeeze Vodka.
3 slices of cucumber
Juice of half a lime
2 parts ginger ale
1. Add cucumber and lime juice to a cocktail shaker and muddle.
2. Add a scoop of ice and vodka; shake vigorously.
3. Add ginger ale and pour into a Collins glass.
1 ounce Irish Whiskey
1 ounce Dooley’s
1/2 ounce Starbucks coffee liqueur
1/2 ounce Dekuyper Chocolate liqueur
1/4 ounce coffee
1. Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker and muddle together. Pour into a martini glass and garnish with a mint sprig.
Pot O’ Gold
Find something sweet at the end of the rainbow with this sip created by The Liquid Chef!
1 1/2 ounces 5cl Gin
3/4 oz 2.5cl ¾ part Midori
2 basil leaves
3/4 ounce 2.5cl ¾ part lime juice
1/4 ounce 0.5cl ¼ part simple syrup
½ ounce 1.5cl ½ part pineapple juice
1. Pour all the ingredients in a shaker, add ice, shake and pour into a tall glass.
2. Garnish with gooseberry coins and a basil leaf.
Gotta have your beer? Try this mix of brew, lemonade, and Polar Seltzer! Arnold Palmer, eat your heart out!
1 1/2 cups Polar Lemon Seltzer
12 ounces beer
2 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate
2 lemon wedges
1. Combine equal amounts of Polar seltzer, beer and limeade.
2. Pour into a tall glass and garnish with lemon wedges.
xx, The FabFitFun Team
Posted on March 14, 2013 in Health