Thirsty Thursday: Mojito Madness
Wouldn’t it be great to be greeted with a “Honey, I’m home!” from a tall, delicious Cuban?!
Well, unfortunately we can’t all have our own Desi Arnaz. But we can have something equally refreshing! (Yeah, we know, we’ve got some splain’in to do!)
OK, OK, we’ll spill — it’s National Mojito Day! So of course we’re celebrating by concocting the traditional Cuban cocktail! Mojitos are typically made with white rum, sugar, lime juice, sparkling water, and mint, but at FFF we’re all about mixing it up! So we found the best flavored, skinny, and frozen versions to celebrate this delish drink, and have you singing “Babalu” in no time!
The LCL Bar & Kitchen’s Rooftop Strawberry Mojito
2 medium strawberries
3 lime wedges
1 teaspoon sugar
5 mint leaves
2 ounces Bacardi Limon
splash soda water
spash MBC Sour Mix
Muddle ingredients in rocks glass, add ice and top off with soda water, MBC Sour Mix and garnish with a strawberry.
1 1/2 cup white rum
16 Lime Wheels (approximately two limes)
1 cup simple syrup
40 Mint Leaves (approximately half a bunch)
1/2 cup Sprite
1/2 cup club soda
Optional – 1/2 cup fruit puree (mango, passion fruit, guava, etc.)
1. In a glass pitcher add limes and mint. Muddle until mint breaks up.
2. Add rum and simple syrup. (Optional) Add fruit puree. Stir until all ingredients are mixed.
3. Add Sprite and soda, then gently stir.
4. Pour the mojito mixture into a 9x13x2 inch cake pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
5. Spoon the frozen mojito into a chilled martini glass and serve.
Miami Mojito from Voli Vodka
Approx. Calories: 85
1 1/2 ounces Voli Mango Coconut
3 lime wedges
1 pack stevia sweetener
6 mint leaves
Pour all ingredients into a highball glass over ice, top with Soda Water, and garnish with mint and a chunk of mango on the rim.
xx, The FabFitFun Team