The Skinny Confidential Talks Portion Control
Ignorance is not bliss. Get real and practice restraint.
Hey, babes! Today I’m going to talk portion control. I know. Portion control can be a bitch. Unfortunately and fortunately, these easy peasy charts tell it like it is. Because frankly, it’s not rocket science.
If you practice portion control at least 80% of the time, you’re in the clear. Here are some portion control tips I practice on the reg:
- Use miso soup-sized bowls (I live and die by these Anthropologie cuties — they’re seriously the perfect size for everything.)
- Cake obsessed? I’m in la-la-love with this pre-portioned cake pan.
- These little gems are colorful mini-containers to keep you from overeating…no brainer.
- The Measure Up Bowl Set from Target provides exact measurements in an easy, chic way.
- Sweet tooth tip: To size your frozen yogurt, ice cream, whatever, fill one cupcake liner with a kitchen scooper. Yeeeup. That’s a serving.
- Because who doesn’t love pasta? This portion-control pasta basket is genius.
So, as you can see, licking your plate clean is not the way to go. There’s nothing wrong with taking leftovers home from a restaurant or sharing with a friend. I always order appetizers over entrees. Invest in smaller bowls. A bowl the size of your head is probably too big.
Try it tonight at dinner! This trick is perfect for weight loss! Thank me later.
Posted on November 29, 2012 in Health