The Skinny Confidential Talks Portion Control
Ignorance is not bliss. Get real and practice restraint.
Hey, babes! Today I’m going to talk portion control. I know. Portion control can be a bitch. Unfortunately and fortunately, these easy peasy charts tell it like it is. Because frankly, it’s not rocket science.
If you practice portion control at least 80% of the time, you’re in the clear. Here are some portion control tips I practice on the reg:
- Use miso soup-sized bowls (I live and die by these Anthropologie cuties — they’re seriously the perfect size for everything.)
- Cake obsessed? I’m in la-la-love with this pre-portioned cake pan.
- These little gems are colorful mini-containers to keep you from overeating…no brainer.
- The Measure Up Bowl Set from Target provides exact measurements in an easy, chic way.
- Sweet tooth tip: To size your frozen yogurt, ice cream, whatever, fill one cupcake liner with a kitchen scooper. Yeeeup. That’s a serving.
- Because who doesn’t love pasta? This portion-control pasta basket is genius.
So, as you can see, licking your plate clean is not the way to go. There’s nothing wrong with taking leftovers home from a restaurant or sharing with a friend. I always order appetizers over entrees. Invest in smaller bowls. A bowl the size of your head is probably too big.
Try it tonight at dinner! This trick is perfect for weight loss! Thank me later.
Posted on November 29, 2012