Courtesy of Christine Avanti
Get a little Cuban inspiration with this magically minty low-cal mojito!
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
2 lime wedges
A large handful of fresh mint sprigs
1 1/2 ounces white rum
3 1/2 ounces sparkling mineral water
1. Combine the sugar and 1/2 cup water in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil and cook until the sugar is dissolved. Set the simple syrup aside to cool completely. (Simple syrup can be made up to one week ahead of time and stored in a covered container in the refrigerator.)
3. Combine 1 teaspoon simple syrup, 1 lime wedge, the strawberry and most of the mint sprigs in a tall glass.
4. Use the handle of a wooden spoon or a muddler to crush the ingredients together, releasing their juices and oils.
5. Add ice and top with the rum and sparkling water. Garnish with a lime wedge and fresh mint leaves.
Posted on June 26, 2012 in Recipes