Metromint Mojito Ice
Courtesy of Metromint
When the heat wears you down, cool off with this refreshing mojito. Don’t worry, it’ll keep your summer bod in mint condition!
1 cup fresh squeezed organic lime juice
2 1/2 cup Metromint peppermint water
1/2 cup organic sweetener, such as sucanat or raw agave
2 tablespoons organic lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons flax oil
1 1/2 teaspoons unfiltered, cold pressed coconut oil (slightly softened)
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
1. Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
2. Combine all ingredients except fresh mint in blender at high speed until completely blended.
3. Add fresh mint and pulse blender until mint is in very small pieces.
4. Pour directly into a container adequate for freezing.
5. Place in freezer.
6. After an hour, break the top layer of ice and remix, then allow to freeze until solid. 7. When ready to serve, let ice sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
8. Break apart and crumble.
Posted on June 26, 2012 in Recipes