Roasted Vegetable and Quinoa Salad
Courtesy of Lauren Schmitt, owner of Healthy Eating & Training, Inc.
Quinoa is the ultimate super food. The grain packs a ton of protein (8g per cup!) and it’s mighty tasty. We love this hearty vegetarian salad.
1 cup zucchini, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 cup yellow squash, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 cup butternut squash, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 roasted red bell pepper, cut into medium sized strips
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup quinoa
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 cups baby spinach
1 handful feta or goat cheese, crumbled
1 handful pine nuts
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine salt and pepper with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Toss the zucchini, yellow squash, butternut squash in this mixture.
- Place vegetables onto a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 20 minutes, flipping once in the middle. If the vegetables are not cooked thoroughly after 20 minutes, allow them to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa as directed on the package.
- Mix the remaining teaspoon of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine the quinoa, spinach, and roasted vegetables in a large bowl.
- Toss the dressing into the salad.
- Top with crumbled cheese and pine nuts.
We rounded up 11 other delish salad recipes in honor of National Salad Month. Check them out here!