Gluten-Free Crunchy Chicken Peanut Salad
Courtesy of Carol Kicinski
1 1/2 cups San-J Gluten Free Tamari Peanut Dressing
1 head Napa cabbage, shredded
1 small head red cabbage, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
2 cups carrots , shredded
2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
1 English (hothouse) cucumber, julienned
2 cups shredded carrots
4 ounces snow peas, thinly sliced
8 ounces bean sprouts
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
4 ounces mung bean vermicelli noodles
2 cups dry roasted, salted peanuts
Kosher or fine sea salt and pepper
- Combine the Napa cabbage, red cabbage, shredded chicken, carrots, green onions, cucumbers, carrots, snow peas, bean sprouts, and cilantro in a very large mixing bowl.
- Using your hands, gently pull the mung bean vermicelli noodles apart into smaller portions.
- Place paper towels on 2 dinner plates.
- In a small skillet, add an inch of cooking oil and heat the oil until it ripples but does not smoke.
- Fry one small handful of noodles at a time until they puff up, about 5 seconds. Flip over with tongs and fry the other side for a second or two. Remove from oil with tongs, place on the prepared plate and sprinkle with salt. Repeat until all the noodles are fried.
- Add the San-J Gluten Free Tamari Peanut Dressing to the vegetable/chicken mixture. Toss well to coat.
- Crumble the fried mung bean vermicelli noodles into the salad. Add the peanuts.
- Season with about a teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Toss again and serve.
We rounded up 11 other delish salad recipes in honor of National Salad Month. Check them out here!
Like this post? There's more. Get tons of beauty tips, tutorials, and news on the FabFitFun Facebook page!