Gluten-Free Crunchy Chicken Peanut Salad
Courtesy of Carol Kicinski
1 1/2 cups San-J Gluten Free Tamari Peanut Dressing
1 head Napa cabbage, shredded
1 small head red cabbage, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
2 cups carrots , shredded
2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
1 English (hothouse) cucumber, julienned
2 cups shredded carrots
4 ounces snow peas, thinly sliced
8 ounces bean sprouts
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
4 ounces mung bean vermicelli noodles
2 cups dry roasted, salted peanuts
Kosher or fine sea salt and pepper
- Combine the Napa cabbage, red cabbage, shredded chicken, carrots, green onions, cucumbers, carrots, snow peas, bean sprouts, and cilantro in a very large mixing bowl.
- Using your hands, gently pull the mung bean vermicelli noodles apart into smaller portions.
- Place paper towels on 2 dinner plates.
- In a small skillet, add an inch of cooking oil and heat the oil until it ripples but does not smoke.
- Fry one small handful of noodles at a time until they puff up, about 5 seconds. Flip over with tongs and fry the other side for a second or two. Remove from oil with tongs, place on the prepared plate and sprinkle with salt. Repeat until all the noodles are fried.
- Add the San-J Gluten Free Tamari Peanut Dressing to the vegetable/chicken mixture. Toss well to coat.
- Crumble the fried mung bean vermicelli noodles into the salad. Add the peanuts.
- Season with about a teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Toss again and serve.
We rounded up 11 other delish salad recipes in honor of National Salad Month. Check them out here!