Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Cobb Salad
Courtesy of private chef, food blogger and former star of NBC’s restaurant reality show The Chopping Block Kelsey Henderson
This decadent, über-delicious salad is definitely something to be savored. Even the most carnivorous gourmets will enjoy this winner.
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
Large handful of arugula
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
Pinch of sugar
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, such as Roquefort
Cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 avocado, cubed
2 green onions, thinly sliced
8 wonton wrappers
Pinch of smoked paprika
Olive oil spray bottle
4 fried eggs, cooked until the yolk is almost hard
2 ounces sliced grilled chicken breast (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place lettuce in large salad bowl.
- In a blender, mix the next six ingredients (through sugar) until blended.
- Add blue cheese and stir with spoon. Do not blend.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, place wonton wrappers flat. Spray with olive oil. Sprinkle with smoked paprika and salt. Bake about 5 minutes until wonton is crispy and golden brown.
- Toss lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and green onions with dressing.
- Place a small portion of salad on plate, top with one wonton, place more salad on top.
- Top with one more wonton and a fried egg. If desired, add sliced grilled chicken breast.
We rounded up 11 other delish salad recipes in honor of National Salad Month. Check them out here!