Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Cobb Salad
Courtesy of private chef, food blogger and former star of NBC’s restaurant reality show The Chopping Block Kelsey Henderson
This decadent, über-delicious salad is definitely something to be savored. Even the most carnivorous gourmets will enjoy this winner.
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
Large handful of arugula
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
Pinch of sugar
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, such as Roquefort
Cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 avocado, cubed
2 green onions, thinly sliced
8 wonton wrappers
Pinch of smoked paprika
Olive oil spray bottle
4 fried eggs, cooked until the yolk is almost hard
2 ounces sliced grilled chicken breast (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place lettuce in large salad bowl.
- In a blender, mix the next six ingredients (through sugar) until blended.
- Add blue cheese and stir with spoon. Do not blend.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, place wonton wrappers flat. Spray with olive oil. Sprinkle with smoked paprika and salt. Bake about 5 minutes until wonton is crispy and golden brown.
- Toss lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and green onions with dressing.
- Place a small portion of salad on plate, top with one wonton, place more salad on top.
- Top with one more wonton and a fried egg. If desired, add sliced grilled chicken breast.
We rounded up 11 other delish salad recipes in honor of National Salad Month. Check them out here!
Posted on May 23, 2012