Ranchero Breakfast Tacos
Courtesy of ezrapoundcake.com
2 cups cooked black beans (from scratch or canned)
1/4 to 1/2 cup light sour cream
2 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4 slices cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
8 small corn tortillas
Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
1 tablespoon unsalted butter or coconut oil
1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
2 avocados, peeled and thinly sliced
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime, in wedges
Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
1. Drain the beans, and warm them in a saucepan over low heat.
2. Add about 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup of the sour cream, green onions, cumin, salt and pepper. Mash the beans with a potato masher or fork until coarsely mashed but not entirely smooth.
3. Stir in the bacon (if using). Season, add the remaining sour cream (if you like), then turn off the heat and keep covered until needed.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
5. Brush the tops of the tortillas with a bit of olive oil, and lay them on a rimmed baking sheet (it’s fine if they overlap). Bake until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the oven, and set aside.
6. Heat a large frying pan with the butter over medium heat. Working in batches as necessary, gently break the eggs in the pan, and cook sunny-side up or to your desired doneness, covering the pan if you like your yolks more cooked through.
7. Top each tortilla with about 1/4 cup of the bean mash and 1 egg. Then evenly divide the cheese, avocado slices, and cilantro among your tostadas.
8. Serve garnished with a slice of lime and hot sauce to taste.
For more fab egg recipes, Click Here!
Posted on March 28, 2013 in Recipes