Meatless Monday: Tender Greens’ Harvest Salad
We love eating salads as much as the next girl. They’re healthy, yummy, and they help keep us svelte. But having the same old spinach salad day after day just won’t cut it. If your salad is boring you’ll find yourself feverishly hunting for fries like you’re in the last round of The Hunger Games. Not pretty.
Summer boasts some of the freshest fruits and veggies on the market. Berries are sweeter and greens get crisper! Why not incorporate the tastes of the season into your daily lunch?
The amazing chefs over at local foodie fave Tender Greens shared the recipe for their delicious Harvest Salad. This salad combines sweet and tart flavors to provide a serious mouth party worthy of any midday meal.
We recommend making a big bowl of this scrumptious salad on Sunday night and having it for a few days throughout the week! After all, meatless doesn’t have to be reserved just for Monday.
Tender Greens Harvest Salad
baby lettuce mix
10 cherries, pitted and halved
5 medium sized strawberries, quartered
1 tangerine peeled and segmented
1/2 ounce thinly shaved fennel
1 ounce smoked almonds, rough chopped
3/4 ounce goat cheese
1 1/2 ounce golden balsamic dressing (recipe follows)
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except salt and pepper, and toss gently.
2. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and lightly toss again.
Golden Balsamic Dressing
Makes 2 1/2 cups
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 medium shallot, peeled and rough chopped
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup golden balsamic vinegar
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup canola oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients except the oils in a blender and puree until smooth.
2. Once the mixture is smooth, slowly add in the oils (they can be combined first and added together).
3. After everything is combined add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge up to a week.
xx, The FabFitFun Team