Meatless Monday: Cute Pumpkin Soup
Pumpkin is kind of like the Oscars. It comes around once a year and everyone totally freaks out, then we go back to our normal lives and nobody thinks about it again until next year.
But sorry, not sorry. Our annual celebration is one that we just can’t squash. In fact, once fall hits, we pump up the pumpkin as much as possible. Why? Because they’re totally yummy and guilt-free! Rich in carotenes, vitamin C, vitamin B1, folic acid, potassium, and fiber, it’s hard to find a healthier indulgence. Alexandra Catalano, creator of the Eat Cute brand and contestant on Lifetime Network’s Supermarket Superstar, shared a delicious and super simple recipe for Cute Pumpkin Soup. She also gave us a few of her best pumpkin tips!
Alexandra Catalano’s Cute Pumpkin Soup
1 organic pumpkin
2 cups of almond milk
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
2 slices of ginger
1 sprig of fresh basil
1. Preheat the oven for 360 degrees. Cut the pumpkin in half right down the middle. Scoop out the seeds and the pulp!
2. Place the pumpkin halves on a small baking sheet, face down. Cook for 1 hour or until soft.
3. After the pumpkin has been cooked in the oven and is soft, remove from oven. Cool for 15 minutes.
4. Once cooled, scoop out soft pulp and place in blender. Add the fresh almond milk, basil, and ginger and blend till creamy.
5. Serve in miniature pumpkins and garnish with cinnamon sticks and basil leaves!
Cute Tip: Save the pumpkin seeds! Did you know that pumpkin seeds are one of best foods you can eat? Raw pumpkin seeds are loaded with minerals such as zinc, calcium, potassium, and magnesium. They also have B vitamins and collagen -repairing vitamins such as C and E. They also contain essential amino acids and omega-3 fatty acids.
But, if you plan to buy pumpkin seeds, bake them with butter, and roll them in salt and or other crap, then you might as well just eat cake and call it a day. Pumpkin seeds must be raw in order to enjoy these beautifying health benefits!
xx, The FabFitFun Team
Giuliana you should check out my friends FB page. It's called Radiant Possibles!! Your going to love her cooking receipts! Xo