A Muscle-Building Muffin
The chillier (aka best) months have arrived! If you need proof, here’s some evidence: Christian Grey has gone through a dramatic transformation, there’s talk of a Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes breakup, and Zac Efron’s shirtless scenes in That Awkward Moment are almost here! The combo is deadly and is making us desperately reach for a decadent chocolate bar to soak in the good news!
Yup, ’tis the season of indulgence! However, it’s no fun regretting what you just sinfully enjoyed. And we’re only talking about the food, ladies!
We’ve recently discovered Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Muffins and the combo is almost as good as Christian, Ryan, and Zac put together. Heather Hesington of Housewifeglamour.com has created the snack that we can’t get enough of using Designer Whey Chocolate Protein Powder and egg whites for a powerful punch of protein.
Now instead of just reaching for something rich while freaking out over ChrisRyZac Grefron (the ultimate combo name), let this recipe inspire you to whip up these babies and get your protein fix.
Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Muffins
1 1/2 cups oats
4 scoops White Chocolate Designer whey protein powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 egg whites (3/4 cup egg white liquid)
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup low-fat (or skim) milk
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray, or line with cupcake liners.
2. Mix the dry ingredients: oats, brown sugar, whey protein, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients: egg whites, pumpkin, milk.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, then slowly mix in chocolate chips.
5. Pour into muffin tins and bake for 25-30 minutes.
xx, The FabFitFun Team