3 Tips to Get Your Diet Back on Track - FabFitFun

3 Tips to Get Your Diet Back on Track

by  | 

by The Workout Girl 

It feels like the holiday season was just yesterday. With all the turkey, and the stuffing, and the egg nog, it is all too easy to get off track from your diet at the start of 2014. Fortunately for you, I have put together my top three tips to get your diet back on the straight and narrow:

Use the 80/20 rule. Try to fill your plate with 80% vegetables and whole grains, and fill the remaining 20% with a lean protein like fish or grilled chicken. Make green, leafy veggies (spinach, kale, etc.) some of your new best friends this year.

Think like a caveman.  Paleo-friendly diets are super trendy right now, but truly, at their core, they do have some great principles.  The philosophy behind these diets is to eat only what a caveman would eat — i.e. plants (lots of veggies), grains, and sometimes meat. You don’t have to take this literally, but what you can do is remember to avoid sugars and processed foods.  Cavemen weren’t chowing down on candy and microwavable instant mac ’n’ cheese.

Think small. Consistently incorporating small changes into your diet will eventually add up to make a big difference.  Try taking your morning coffee black, as opposed to adding cream and sugar. Swap a seltzer water for your diet soda. Put mashed avocado on your sandwich instead of mayo. Reach for a piece of fruit as an afternoon snack instead of a candy bar. The sky is the limit!

If diet is half the equation, fitness is the other half. When you’re ready to improve your fitness routine, head on over to theworkoutgirl.com for workouts you can do anywhere.

This story was written by a fab member of our Ambassador Network. To check out the entire roster of uh-mazing bloggers, click here!

Like this post? There's more. Get tons of beauty tips, tutorials, and news on the FabFitFun Facebook page!


  1. […] P.S. We kind of wish someone would give us “pow-pows in the butt” whenever we try to eat cupcakes for dinner. Maybe that’s the aversion therapy we need to kick our diets into gear! […]