Baked Eggs in Tomato Cups
Courtesy of Eat Yourself Skinny
At 138 calories a cup, you can’t go wrong with this yummy breakfast! Add some of your favorite veggies and pair it with some whole wheat toast, you’ll be fueled and ready for whatever the day throws at you!
4 large tomatoes
Salt and ground pepper, to taste
1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons snipped fresh chives
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9-inch baking dish with parchment paper or coat dish with cooking spray.
- Using a serrated knife, cut off the tops of the tomatoes, about a 1/2 inch, and reserve them for your presentation.
- With a spoon or melon baller, gently remove seeds and inner membrane, being careful not to break through the flesh of the tomato.
- Place tomatoes in your dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide corn among tomatoes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide egg mixture among tomatoes and top with cheese.
- Bake until egg mixture is set, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serve with tomato tops and enjoy!
Posted on June 21, 2012 in Recipes