Apple Pie Oatmeal
Courtesy of The Healthy Bites
Who doesn’t love a nice warm slice of apple pie? Well now you can have it for breakfast, guilt free, with this delish oatmeal recipe!
2/3 cup uncooked oats
1 medium apple, Fuji or Gala, cubed
2 tablespoons Splenda (optional)
1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cook oats according to package directions, using water in place of other liquids.
- Meanwhile, place the apple cubes in the bowl with the sugar and microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- Allow to cool one minute.
- Pour the cooked apple pieces into the oatmeal, and sprinkle with the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Enjoy a deliciously filling breakfast!
Posted on June 21, 2012