The Perfect Post-Workout Meal
Tell us if this sounds familiar: It’s late. It’s dark. You’re exhausted from a long day at the office and a butt-busting workout. And now, you have to make dinner. Is it just your imagination, or is that box of cookies on the counter staring directly at you?
Even if getting our sweat on makes us want to get the rest of our lives into shape, it’s hard to get excited about dinner when the menu only includes that same ol’ bland, boring fish or chicken. Suddenly that bag of chips you stashed in the pantry is practically calling your name.
Avoid the post-workout junk food binge by upgrading your normal fish dish with Barilla PLUS® Rotini with sea bass, tomatoes, and peas.
The delish pasta has extra protein, fiber, and omega-3. Add fish and veggies, and you’ve got a nutrition-packed meal that’s perfect for after your sweat sesh to help maintain and build muscles.
Afterward, you might even feel strong enough to throw those chips and cookies in the trash!
Rotini with Sea Bass and Peas
1 Box Barilla PLUS Rotini
4 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
3/4 Pound sea bass, coarsely chopped
4 Fresh plum tomatoes, diced, peeled, and seeded
1 1/2 Cup vegetable broth
1/2 Cup onion, chopped
2 Cups frozen peas, thawed
20 minutes preparation + 25 minutes cooking
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil
2. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
3. Add sea bass and sauté about 3 minutes or until almost cooked through, stirring occasionally
4. Remove sea bass with slotted spoon, place in a bowl and set aside
5. Add tomatoes to skillet and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
6. Return sea bass to skillet, season with salt and pepper and heat thoroughly
7. Place in bowl and set aside
8. Heat remaining olive oil in same skillet over medium heat
9. Add onions and sauté 3 minutes or until onion is translucent
10. Add peas and vegetable broth to skillet
11. Bring mixture to a boil
12. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes
13. Process peas and broth mixture in a blender until smooth
14. Return mixture to skillet, season with salt and pepper to taste
15. Cook PLUS Rotini according to package directions; drain and return to pot
16. Add sea bass mixture to hot pasta and toss
17. Pour pea sauce on a large platter
18. Top with sea bass and pasta mixture
19. Garnish with parsley and serve
Total Carbohydrate: 52g
Total Fat: 10g
xx, The FabFitFun Team