10 Foods to Stop Eating Now
These munchies are not kind to the waistline!
Whether you’re trying to lose a few lbs, or simply clean up your diet, we all know that eating more fruits and vegetables is the way to go. But what shouldn’t we be eating? Conflicting messages are all around us, but here are the top 10 foods to definitely stop eating now!
1. Soda: Soda consumption has been linked to allergy development, tooth decay, and osteoporosis. Plus, all of that high fructose corn syrup can cause obesity, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease. Water, please!
2. Fried Foods: Fried foods, especially fried meats, nearly double a person’s risk for bladder cancer, not to mention clogged arteries, higher risk for asthma, sleep apnea, and heart disease. You can’t get healthy with a fried chicken leg in your mouth.
3. Fast Food: The average fast food meal clocks in at 830 calories (if you need a reminder, the average woman only needs about 1,800 calories each day). But fast food should really be regarded as edible chemicals since it’s chock-full of preservatives, trans fats, and food dyes.
4. White Flour: It starts out as a wonderful, whole grain but then gets stripped of all its nutrients, then pumped up with chemicals, deodorized, and bleached. It causes a spike and then a crash in blood sugar — a vicious cycle that can lead to pre-diabetes. When it comes to grains, stay whole!
5. Treats at the Coffee Shop: Commercial baked goods are everything that white flour is, but with a lot more sugar, butter, and fat. And all of those delectable toppings are actually vats of chemicals, preservatives, and oodles of trans fats. So not sexy!
6. Ranch Dressing:: Essentially mayonnaise cut with buttermilk. Even if you’re eating it with vegetables, this highly processed, high fat, high sugar dressing completely cancels out any nutritional benefit you’re getting.
7. Burritos: The typical burrito is stuffed with cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and fatty slices of steak. In addition to a boatload of calories, these salt bombs can leave your blood pressure spiked and thirsty for hours.
8. Anything but Black Coffee: The benefits of black coffee include increased energy, metabolic perks, and prevention of cancer and diabetes. Don’t undo those benefits by adding half & half, sugar, whipped cream, and all those frappe crap calorie bomb additions. Your waistline will thank you!
9. Bacon: This super fatty, salt-cured meat contains tons of nitrites, which are linked to blood clots and cancer, and has a high ratio of fat to protein compared to other meats. It has sadly moved its way from a side dish to the main course in many American homes. Cut it out!
10. Cereal Bars: These are low in protein, moderate in calories, and high in sugar. They are highly processed, containing tons of chemicals to make the fake food taste good. Go for the real thing and make a quick bowl of oatmeal with berries in the morning!
xx, The FabFitFun Team
Posted on May 28, 2013 in Health